Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Health Insurance

I FINALLY HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!!

Not having health insurance is one of the most sobering experiences of my life. It makes you reevaluate everything.

Examples:

Should I really risk eating this questionable sushi?
Is this toilet seat liner thick enough?
Maybe I should wear a face mask to school...and a helment. Definitely a helmet.

Without health insurance, the world seemed to be a far scarier place. I lived in fear of life threatening contagions smeared on door handles waiting to strangle me with my own snot. Somewhere in the world  a little Asian woman sat, barely peering over the steering wheel, hellbent on murdering me with her vehicle. Ok, insurance or not I'm pretty sure that little Asian lady is out to get me. You get the point.

Now that I have health insurance, I am free to live recklessly. Although not really, because generally I'm a boring person BUT I still like having my "in case shit happens" security blanket. Health Insurance = peace of mind. 45.7 million people in the US live like I did, uninsured. That is pathetic. I refuse to get into a discussion on how to fix the situation, but my assumption is it would take tax money...better not be my tax money. So instead I will sign off with a prayer.

Dear Jesus, Muhammad, Yahweh, Buddha, and various Hindu Gods, please grant that the world be insured. Its cool if you ignore petitions for world peace (just this once), and make this top priority. Amen.

Words of the Week!

abaft

(adv.) on or toward the rear of a ship

The passengers moved abaft of the ship so as to escape the fire in the front of the ship. 


amity

(n.) friendly relations

The amity between the two bordering nations put the populations at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment