Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I got prolems

I have been starring at my curser blink for the past 15 minutes. Thats a lie. I stare at it for about 2 minutes then I look at Facebook. Then back to the curser...then facebook...the curser again, then Oddee...and back again. This is how all of my writing goes, always. Without the pressure of a fast approaching deadline, shit just doesn't  get done. This is a problem.

Hello, my name is Yvonne, and I am a chronic procrastinator.

My boyfriend constantly hints that I may be ADHD, I refuse to admit that he may be right.  I think it maybe time for me to be honest with myself :( bellow are the symptoms of adult ADHD. I'm going to strike out everything that does not apply to me.

  • “zoning out” without realizing it, even in the middle of a conversation.
  • extreme distractibility; wandering attention makes it hard to stay on track.
  • difficulty paying attention or focusing, such as when reading or listening to others.
  • struggling to complete tasks, even ones that seem simple.
  • tendency to overlook details, leading to errors or incomplete work.
  • poor listening skills; hard time remembering conversations and following directions. 
  • poor organizational skills (home, office, desk, or car is extremely messy and cluttered)
  • tendency to procrastinate
  • trouble starting and finishing projects
  • chronic lateness
  • frequently forgetting appointments, commitments, and deadlines
  • constantly losing or misplacing things (keys, wallet, phone, documents, bills)
  • underestimating the time it will take you to complete tasks
  • frequently interrupt others or talk over them
  • have poor self-control
  • blurt out thoughts that are rude or inappropriate without thinking
  • have addictive tendencies
  • act recklessly or spontaneously without regard for consequences
  • have trouble behaving in socially appropriate ways (such as sitting still during a long meeting) I fidget, but its not suuuper noticeable...I'll let this one pass
  • sense of underachievement
  • doesn’t deal well with frustration
  • easily flustered and stressed out
  • irritability or mood swings
  • trouble staying motivated
  • hypersensitivity to criticism
  • short, often explosive, temper
  • low self-esteem and sense of insecurity
  • feelings of inner restlessness, agitation
  • tendency to take risks
  • getting bored easily
  • racing thoughts
  • trouble sitting still; constant fidgeting
  • craving for excitement
  • talking excessively
  • doing a million things at once 

I hardly passed the test :( 
What do I do now? I refuse to take a medicated substance to regulate my brain function. I've tried setting schedules for myself, but we already know how I handle deadlines. All I want to do is be successful. I just want to sit my ass down and get my work done. I need help.

Words of the Week

Circumlocution – evasion in speech
Ersatz – artificial, substitute

No comments:

Post a Comment